Buzwair Dry Ice Services is one of the leading providers of dry ice in Qatar and has been since 2009. Our dry ice products are manufactured in industrial area factory and are delivered fresh to businesses area including hospitals, biotech laboratories, pharmaceutical, mechanical and engineering companies, hotel and restaurants.
It is a subsidized service provided by Buzwair Industrial Gases Factories. We manufacture in different sizes of dry ice such as blocks and pellets.
What is a dry ice and what is made of?
Dry ice is Carbon Dioxide in a solid form, cold dense with white vapor; approximately 50% CO2-snow and 50% cold CO2-gas. It sublimates at -78.5 °C, at Earth atmospheric pressures. It is used primarily as a cooling agent. Its advantages consist of lower temperature than that of water ice and not leaving any residue.
Blast Cleaning (Dry Ice Pellets)
- Dry ice blasting is accelerated in a pressurized Air stream and directed at a surface in order to clean it. The method is similar to other forms of abrasive blasting such as sand blasting, plastic bead blasting or soda blasting. It leaves no chemical residue as dry ice sublimates at room temperature. It is commonly used by oil and gas, petrochemical, food, paper, automotive, printing, manufacturing, and marine industries. It removes contaminants such as oil, grease, adhesives, ink, dirt, dust, rust, carbon, pulp, paint.
- Used for food presentation, food preservation and storage
- Used in dairy products and Ice Cream
Medical / Pharmaceutical Application
- Used in transportation of temperature – sensitive biomedical or biological samples and pharmacological products
- Used for cooling while transport of organ donated, medical samples and blood without any distraction or losing the quality of samples
- Used to prevent chemical reactions and allow safe storage in shipping of sensitive or volatile products, also neutralize alkalis and create cold trap that give very low temperature surfaces on which molecules can be able to condense.
- Used to freeze pipes to stop the flow of water and to cut or repair without any obstruction of work.
- Used for cooling metals or bearings, shafts and collars to be fitted together that requires interference to fit while it’s cold
- Use for science projects research and demonstration in observing sublimation, vapor chambers and gaseous process.
Dry Ice Blocks and Dry Ice Slices
Dry Ice Pellets 16mm